- Sally Lennon’s
- Walk Away
- The Chicago Set
- Beautiful Affair
- Silent Dreams
- In Our World
- The Golden Stud
- The Mason’s Apron
- Sally Lennon’s -Bonus Studio Recording
- In Our World -Bonus Studio Recording
- The Mason’s Apron -Bonus Studio Recording
Kieran Hanrahan; Banjo, Mandolin, Harmonica
Mike Hanrahan;Vocals, Guitar
Maurice Lennon;Fiddle, Viola
Paul Roche;Flute, Whistles
Tony Molloy; Bass
Backing Vocals; The Winglettes
Additional Musicians; Bill Whelan (Keyboards), John Kearns (Bass), Brian Calanan (Percussion).
Produced; Bill Whelan
Executive Producer; Danny Kenny
Engineer; Andrew Boland
Assistant Engineers; Brian Nartey & Ian Bryan
Recorded; Great Southern Hotel, Galway & TV Club Dublin on the Eerie Mobile
Post Production/Mixing; Lombard Studio & Windmill Lane, Dublin
Live Sound; Mick Barry Stage Sound; Damien Hughes Lights; Trevor Hanna
Sleeve Redesign; Mick Barry Original Design; Steve Averill
Special Thanks To : Tommy Hayes, Deirdre Donegan, & Andromeda P.A. Systems.
Stockton's Wing Live was what it was all
about. The music, the fans and high energy. I remember the
magic of that special interaction between the band and the
fans. We had a big sound, dynamic, somewhat eclectic, many
mood swings coloured with state of the art lighting, the
odd pyrotechnic and a few crazy and often badly executed
dance routines. A Wing gig was all about fun and good music.
We spent many long hours at Litton Lane Studios in Dublin
writing and arranging the music to create that Wing sound
which was so distinct. Our studio sessions produced the
hits and some great tunes but we never did catch the true
essence of the live performance until the release of this
album in '85. It is my pleasure to welcome this re issue
on CD. I am often asked to remember the best gig. Such a
difficult question. Wherever I go these days I meet people
who remember a good Stockton's Wing gig. We all have our
favourite gig and mine just happened to last for 14 years.
Enjoy the show.
Mike Hanrahan (Dec ‘05) - mikehanrahan.com
Stockton’s Wing 1980’s Fact File 1980 / 1990
- The Band performed almost 1500 live concerts & over 50 TV shows.
- Excluding Paul, Kieran, Maurice and Mike, 17 other musicians performed as members of the band.
- The most performed venue was Dublin’s Meeting Place where the band played 39 times. Other venues where the band performed on a regular basis were The Mean Fiddler, London (33), The Baggot Inn, Dublin (32) and Woodies, Castleisland, Co. Kerry (22).
- Other notable performances include; Prince, Pairc Ui Choimh, Cork (‘90), Special guests of Sammy Davis Jnr., Lansdowne Road, Dublin (‘89), Folk in der Hohle, Dortmund (‘83), Michael Jackson, Pairc Ui Choimh, Cork (‘88).
- During the 1980's the band released 4 studio albums; Take A Chance (‘80), Light In The Western Sky (‘83), Full Flight (‘86), Celtic Roots Revival (‘87), and 15 singles.
- Major Festivals included; Nyon Folk Festival (‘80), Lisdoonvarna Festival (‘81, ‘82, ‘83’), Edmonton Folk Festival (‘84), Festival de Cornouaille (‘86), Cambridge Folk Festival (‘82), Calgary Folk Festival (‘84), Ballisodare Festival (‘80, ‘81, ‘82), Belfast Folk Festival (‘82, ‘84), Milwaukee Irish Fest (‘84, ‘85), Chicago Irish Fest (‘88), Siamsa Cois Laoi (‘85, ‘86).